Thursday, April 22, 2021
Thursday, April 8, 2021
We have received another Funeral Request for next Saturday, April 17th at 11:00 am, for Br. Marshall E. Ison also of Lakeland Lodge No. 91. The Service will be at Lakeland Funeral Home and Memorial Gardens, 2125 Bartow Rd. (US-98 South), Lakeland. Gloves and Aprons at 10:30 am. Again, please let me know your availability so I can confirm with the Funeral Home.
We have received a request for a Masonic Service for Br. Thomas A. Thonebe of Lakeland Lodge No. 91 (by way of Imperial Polk Lodge No. 345) for next Tuesday, April 13th at 7:00 pm. Br. Thonebe was a retired Senior Sergeant with the Lakeland Police Dept., retired Army, as well as a Member of the Scottish Rite, Shrine, York Rite, and a Past-Patron of all of the Ladies Appendant Bodies and Rainbow. This service will be a little different, as it will be conducted during the viewing so that visiting family members (Masons) who will not be at the church service can see it. Our Brother Sheriff Grady Judd, along with the Chief of Police and others, will be speaking at the church service, while a Retired Police service and Military service, 21-Gun Salute and Taps will be done graveside the next day.
The Masonic Service will be Tuesday, April 13th at 7:00 pm at the Gentry Morrison Funeral Home - Southside, 1727 Bartow Rd. (US-98 South), Lakeland. Gloves and Aprons at 6:45 pm. The actual viewing will be from 6 - 8 pm.
I realize that this is the first day of the Sun 'n Fun so scheduling might be a little bit tight for some of us! If you are available, please let me know as soon as possible, so that I can confirm with the Funeral Home.
R:.W:. Bill Doolin, Secretary Kathleen Lodge No. 338
Wednesday, April 7, 2021
If you are planning on attending this year's Annual Grand Communication in Orlando, be advised that Grand Lodge has informed us that rooms at the Rosen Plaza our host hotel on Sunday May 30th and Monday May 31st are completely SOLD OUT.
The overflow hotel will be the Rosen Centre, 9840 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819 which is located right next door to the Rosen Plaza. The room reservation number is 1-800-204-7234, the room rate is $99 per night (Same as the Rosen Plaza) use the group name GRAND LODGE OF FLORIDA.
Thursday, April 1, 2021
We have been asked to work concessions (along with Dairy Queen) for the Fly-In. DQ has 18 stations around the airport and normally uses students from the flight school, but they were not available this year, so they have asked for our help (they just found out about the students yesterday!). We were the first non-profit group that they contacted, and I need to get back to them ASAP...! The Sun 'n Fun runs from April 13th to the 18th, 9:30 am to +/- 5:30 pm each day. They need 15 - 20 people each day to cover their stations. Most are 2 - 3 person carts selling pre-packaged ice cream & beverages, with some raised concession trailers selling hot dogs, chips, beverages, ice cream, etc. Some are under tents while others have umbrellas. They will provide parking passes and wristbands for admission, and there are some chairs available, or you may bring your own. They have a secure area to store belongings overnight, so you don't have to carry them back & forth each day! Dress is casual (shorts, T-shirts, Lodge/Chapter/Assembly shirt, cap or hat, etc.).
If you were not able to assist your Lodge/Chapter/Assembly during Spring Training, this is a good way to bring in additional funds! If you know of additional members/spouses/friends please pass this along, as we have a very short time to get this going. Please fill out the attached sign-up sheet and return it to me as quickly as possible. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.
R:.W:. Bill Doolin, PDDGM, Secretary Kathleen Lodge No. 338
Secretary Master Mason Association Email: email@example.com
Worshipful Masters, Wardens and Brethren all,
In light of Tuesday morning's horrific attack and destruction of three Masonic temples in Vancouver British Columbia Canada you are requested to take to immediate steps to assure the safety and security of your lodge and the brothers within it.
1) Heighten security protocols should be used during on and off hours at the lodge. If during a Stated Communication you see someone you do not recognize inform the Tyler, Secretary and Worshipful Master so they can follow the prescribed protocols to verify that person's membership. If there is a problem with this person do not engage them any further and call 911. During after hours if you see someone on your lodge property who you do not recognize DO NOT APPROACH them, immediately call 911.
2) The installation of a perimeter security system with audio and video recording capabilities which can be accessed not only in the lodge but also remotely using a computer, laptop, mobile or tablet device and which is connected to a reputable Central Station alarm service company such as ADT, Simplisafe, should be used.
3) Appointment of a trusted brother of the lodge who lives within 5 miles who can conduct periodic security check in and around the lodge property and be the contact point for law enforcement if the Worshipful Master or Secretary is unreachable.
4) Worshipful Masters and/or the Lodge Secretary should contact your local police department or county sheriff's office and request that an officer make a roaming check of the lodge property during their hourly patrol.
5) Keep a ongoing record of all person(s) who have access to your lodge including those who possess a door key and the security system access code. Keys should be returned to the Secretary of the Lodge by those who are no longer officers of the lodge, are no longer considered a trusted brother or an organization who formerly used the lodge property on a regular basis. If a door key is missing or the alarm system access code has been compromised, the Secretary of the lodge should be immediately notified, he will in turn notify the Worshipful Master and the appropriate changes made.
If you have any further questions please contact Bro. Rick Schwarz at the 21st Masonic District office via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday, March 31, 2021
Please keep the brothers in the
Grand Lodge of British Columbia and Yukon
in your prayers. On Tuesday morning an arsonist set fire to and burn down
three different Masonic temples in the metro Vancouver BC area. Investigators
have arrested an unidentified suspect and the reason for the attacks has not
yet been released.
Video courtesy of CBC News (CBCNews.ca) / Canadian Broadcasting Corporation.